Welcome to Friends of the School
The Friends of the School aim to support the school by
- raising funds for various activities and large items
- building the community around the school by running events
We are at our best when we run activities like the school summer BBQ which is not only an excellent fundraiser but also an inclusive and fun way to meet other parents.
Following on from our successful fund raising events and activities over the last couple of years, the "Friends of Robert Miles Infants School"
have been able to support the school in some really exciting ways, including:-
- A new Stereo for the school - so the children and teachers can get groovy during assembly
- A new reading unit for the library - so all the children can discover a love of reading
- A storage unit for Kool Kids - so more balls, bats, and gear can be used by our after school club
- Wall mounted outdoor play equipment - to liven up the playground
- A new play kitchen unit for the reception classes - so we can replace old units with up to date equipment
So if you've had a flutter on the raffle, bought a nativity photo, got down at the disco, buried yourselves in a pile of books for the read-a-thon, supported the 50:50 club, or noshed on a hotdog at the Summer BBQ we'd like to say a massive THANK YOU for your encouragement and support. We couldn't achieve everything we do without your help.
- January 2017
- Sat 21st - Family Prize Bingo Afternoon - a fun afternoon of bingo at the school. Number practise for the kids without them even realising it. Lots of prizes to be won. Including ... Family tickets to Nottingham Rugby, plenty to keep the little ones occupied. Food and drink available.
- Fri 10th - Cake sale cooked by year 1
- Sat 4th - Disco - A fab day for the kids with our very own DJ Dad Tom Styles, joining in with the dances and games, and enjoying a drink and a snack.
The Friends of the School have decided that our next fund raising target will be for a large canopy to provide much needed shade in the playground. We are all aware of the need for sun safety and this will be an excellent way of keeping the children happy and healthy at playtimes as well as providing an exciting outdoor learning area for the whole school to enjoy.
Mrs Greensmith has been exploring the options and the canopy we'd like to purchase has been estimated at £5,500. This is our new fundraising target and you can track our progress on the "Big Flower Totaliser" in the hall.
In addition to this the Friends of the school have committed to support the school in running school trips and extra curricular activities that are so valuable to helping our children to learn.